Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Lunch Trips, Amazon, Storms Oh My! Five for Friday!

 
Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs to share 5 random things from this week!
 

 
 I love summer because Andrew and I can meet up with my hubby for lunch. With his crazy schedule (gotta love the firefighter life) it is so nice to squeeze in some extra time. Today we met up with his crew for Mexican. YUM! Then Andrew got to (pretend) drive the firefighter truck. Love making memories!
 
 

 
 
I placed an order on Amazon a few days ago and it FINALLY arrived!!!
 
 
What's in the box you ask?? You will never know! JUST KIDDING!! :) But, you will have to wait for another day. Inside holds some supplies that I think I need to make a craft idea that has been on mine. Check back in a few days and hopefully it was be completed! So excited!!
 
 
 
A few days ago, a terrible thunderstorm   wind storm micro burst slammed our house. It was terrifying! I was home by myself with Andrew except he was sleeping and I was on the other side of the house. To get to him I had to go through our kitchen and family room which the whole back wall is WINDOWS!! Looking outside, all I could see was leaves swirling and it even just looked grey and you could hear and see the hail slamming the house! This was by far one of the worst storms I have seen in a long time. In fact, it didn't even feel safe to sitting in the house in front of windows so we took shelter in the bathroom. No worries, Andrew was content playing with toilet paper....boys! Thankfully we are okay, lots of hail and trees down everywhere. In fact several of our neighbors have shattered windows from the hail and  a few miles down the road a house caught on fire. Apparently, the worst part of the storm hit right on top of our neighborhood looking at radar.
 
 
 
I brought home all of my classroom books for my student library in a buckets and I am certain that it is just going to organize itself, right?! Need to find some cute baskets and make some fun labels and then I can start this job! It was in desperate need of some organization after I bought so many new books this year!
 
And last, I am enjoying daily naps, indulging in Real Housewives of Orange County and staying up way later than I would eve think to do during the school year!
 
 
So what have you been up to? Comment below or link up with Doodle Bugs!
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying me some RHofOC this summer too. I miss some of the ladies from previous years though. I will be checking back to see your mystery craft!
    Your newest follower,
    Sherri C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That sounds scary! Our weather is pretty uneventful around here. I'm so behind on the RHofOC! It's been hard to sit still long enough to watch TV during the day. Although night time is another story... I go to sleep SUPER early during the school year, not so much in the summer. Can't wait to see what you make with your craft supplies!

    Carol
    Super Sparkly in Second

    ReplyDelete

I love connecting with other bloggers and teachers. Leave a comment below!!