Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday! {Back to School Style}

I am linking up again with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday Linky Party! If you read my post last week about my mystery package, you can read about what I made here! (It is under Made it 1)

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
 
So here are my 5 random things from this week of how I am (mostly) preparing for Back to School!
 
I finally finished my Year Of Kindergarten Writing.
A Year of Kindergarten Writing Journal
 I am so excited about using this as a tool for RTI, measuring their progress and creating an end of the year book for their parents! If you are interested to know more about this journal you can read about it here! It is under Made it 3. You can also find this journal here on my TpT store.

 
 
Yes, I have already completed some B2S shopping! EEK!! I bought baskets, chairs, mini trashcans, sight word dice, sight word writing strips and wall thingys for my Word Wall. I got all of this at Target and Dollar Tree. I loved those chairs so much, I just got back from Target and bought 2 more. Yes, I am addicted to B2S shopping. Am I the only one who likes crafting for my classroom more than my house?! If you want to read more about my finds in details, click here to read my post about Summer Shopping Finds!

 
 
 
 
 
Oh my goodness y'all, did I mention I am addicted to B2S shopping? After posting my finds the other day, I went to Big Lots and I was in B2S heaven!
 
I ended up hitting 2 Big Lots and will have to do some stalking for their next shipment! I was so excited to see the magazine holders because my kiddos book boxes needed a new look. And they were in blue and green so I mean, if my husband asks tell him it was a necessity! :) Yes the green isn't in the exact shade that I would use but it will work. I am thinking I will use the big baskets for my updated classroom library (still on my summer to-do list) and the magazine boxes will be there too so I think it will all be pulled together in the same area.

 
 
 
Andrew had a little play date this week with another kinder teacher's baby. It was so nice to talk to an adult and watch Andrew interact. BTW, he is such a flirt!
 
 
Photo: Play date!  Andrew is a little flirt.
 
 


I love summer nights with my little family. We had fun playing outside and going to get ice cream at this little ice cream shop in town. Love making memories!

Photo: Outside playing after an ice cream trip


8 comments:

  1. I love buying and making things for my classroom! I love your green and blue. I use the same green and purple in my classroom and have a blue accent wall. All three colors make me smile!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh love those colors! They have the purple at Dollar Tree!

      -Katie

      Delete
  2. Okay, I would say more about your post, but I am on my way to Big Lots and the Dollar Store so I'll chat later! Thanks so much!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie...I hope your scored some great things!

      -Katie

      Delete
  3. I love the colors you chose for your classroom! I'm so glad to see that blue back in stores this year because I have that color and purple as the basis of my classroom. I never think to go to Big Lots for B2S stuff, but I would love book boxes like the ones you found. I usually just use the cardboard ones from IKEA, but they rarely last the whole year and start looking trashy. I can't wait to see what your classroom looks like with all your new purchases.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't usually go to Big Lots because I honestly forget about it sometimes. Truth be told I was trying to find another Dollar Tree, got a little lost and saw Big Lots and thought I would go in. Pretty sure God was sending me there! :)

      Delete
  4. We're color scheme twins!! I'm going to have to head to Dollar Tree!! I saw them starting the B2S display at my Big Lots, but they weren't finished yet! So glad I know they'll have some good stuff :o)

    Have a great week!!
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for color twins! Let me know if you find any other good stuff that would fit our color scheme! :)

      -Katie

      Delete

I love connecting with other bloggers and teachers. Leave a comment below!!