Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Creating your DonorsChoose Account


Welcome to the first post in my (new) series all about DonorsChoose. Perhaps, you are here through a google search, you follow me, an old DonorsChoose blog post sent you or something else entirely but either way, I am so glad that you are here! If you follow me, you have heard the news that I am a National Teacher Ambassador for DonorsChoose. So pretty much, I LOVE DonorsChoose and want to help others discover the magic too!


Today I am sharing how to get started on DonorsChoose.org. I will walk you through creating your account! Click here to Sign up here!
  

First, you need to create an account on DonorsChoose.org as a teacher. Any teacher that works at a public school who directly works with children is eligible to create an account. 
Give yourself about 15 minutes and you can be registered to begin using DonorsChoose.org and saving money!!


You will need to confirm that you meet all the requirements to use DonorsChoose.org.


Read and agree to the user agreement.

Start searching for your school


 Select the grade level(s) that you teach and type in a few details about your position. 


Now it is time to add your information. Hint: type in your birthday because there will be a birthday banner displayed on your project to celebrate your special day! What a great reason for donors to choose to support your project!!



Review all of your details. Make sure everything is accurate!


Then HOORAY, you are ready to begin planning your first project!!



If you need help with  creating your account or checking your eligibility, check out this help article from DonorsChoose.org 


If you would to have someone to help talk you through the process, contact me! If I help you create your first project, I have a special treat to give to you! Let me help you jump start your project! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love connecting with other bloggers and teachers. Leave a comment below!!